Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cash Jar Update

Whenever I want/need to save some serious money, this is how I do it: I open a second bank account of which I don't ever have the creditcard on me. I only have one card in my wallet, and that belongs to the account on which my "regular" money sits. Whenever I feel that I have some extra dough on my regular accout, you know, money that I don't need desperately to survive this month, I transfer it to the savings account. The money on that account is untouchable to me, so sometimes I actually forget I still have it at all. That's a good thing, because I just know that I'd spend it straight away if it was all too easy.

At the end of last month I had 200€ "left over". However, I have only transferred half of that money to my savings account, because moving houses and partying before ist going to be somewhat more expensive than usual. You have to be realistic about these things.

Ok, apart from that, I spontaneously decided to spend this weekend in Frankfurt - see y'all on monday and have a great weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Frankfurt? Hope you had fun.

    Also, I like your system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. more or less. it seems to be pretty impossible to really get into a "scene" of any description, you know. but i'll keep trying :)
    and if i can't find places i enjoy to go to, i might just start my own little party ;)

    ReplyDelete