Monday, June 22, 2009

Holidays in a Land Far Far Away

Well, kind of. I just arrived in Frankfurt/Main and no, Hesse does NOT qualify as far away, I know that :)
Instead of the train, which I usually take, I opted for the cheaper version, that is having somebody take me along in their car. I've heard all the horror stories of the terrible drivers and vaguely creepy people you meet when finding a ride on the internet, but www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de has so far been a fairly safe car pool. And I saved some serious money here, instead of paying 130€ for a stinky, crowded train (last time I had to sit on the floor, next to the restrooms! Gross!) I now pay 50€, including the VIP-feeling of having your own driver and the luxury of stops whenever I kindly ask for them.
Alright folks, it's been a long drive anyways and I need a shower now. Then I'll get ready for the evening - tonight is the last performance of "Waiting for Godot" at the English Theatre! That's one of my reasons to come to Frankfurt today and I'm really looking forward to it!
I'll tell you all about the play and the obligatory after-show-party soon :)

Have a fantastic week, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment